Adoption Visa 102

Adoption Visa 102 is for children adopted outside Australia. It lets them live in Australia with an adoptive parent.

What can a child do with this visa?

  • migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
  • study and access Medicare
  • apply for Australian citizenship if eligible

Am I eligible for this visa?

The child must:

  • be adopted or in the process of adoption
  • the sponsor must provide adequate accommodation and enough financial support to meet the child’s reasonable living needs for their first 2 years in Australia
  • be or have been in the process of being adopted through inter-country adoption or arrangement with the involvement of an Australian state or territory central authority dependent on a parent who is Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand, citizen
  • have been or be in the process of being adopted through an inter-country adoption between 2 countries (other than Australia) that are parties to the Hague Convention on the Protection of Children and Cooperation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (the Hague Adoption Convention), or
  • if no Australian state or territory central authority was involved, through an expatriate adoption by an Australian citizen, an eligible New Zealand citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent visa who has been living outside Australia for more than 12 months before the visa application is lodged
  • be under 18 years when the visa is applied and when the visa is granted
  • be outside Australia when the application is lodged

Book a consultation and let us assess your eligibility and recommend the best option for you.

See also  Child Visa (Onshore) 802




Level 38, 71 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000


Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm