Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)

This visa lets a child stay in Australia temporarily with their parents while the department of Home Affairs is processing a partner application for the parent.

The Dependent Child (Subclass 445 ) is a visa that allows a child to temporarily remain in Australia whilst the Department of Home Affairs is processing a partner application for the child’s parent.

What can a child do with visa subclass 445?

If granted, the child will be able to relocate to or remain in Australia until the department processes their parent’s permanent partner visa application. The child will also be able to travel to and from Australia and work and study in Australia.

Who is eligible for child visa (subclass 445)?

To qualify for this visa, the child must:

  • Be a dependent child of the visa-holding parent.
  • Be sponsored by the nominator or sponsor of the visa-holding parent.
  • Be under 18 years old or over 18 and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary partner or dependent child visa.

If you or your child are interested in a dependent child visa, get in contact with the team at Migration Door Australia. We recommend booking a free consultation so we can assess your eligibility and help decide the best option for you.

Email us at

See also  Child Visa (Onshore) 802




Level 38, 71 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000


Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm