Temporary parent visa (subclass 885) allows parents with eligible children living in Australia to live in Australia for up to two years. After these two years, those wishing to stay in Australia permanently will be eligible to apply for the contributory aged parent visa subclass 864.
Parent visa 885 is a cost-effective route as it enables individuals to live in Australia for two years temporarily before deciding whether to remain in Australia permanently.
What can I do with visa 885?
If you qualify for this visa, you will be able to:
• Live in Australia for up to two years.
• Work and study in Australia without government support.
• Apply for a permanent contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864).
Am I eligible for 885 visa?
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
• Be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
• Meet the balance of family test.
• Have not already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent Visa (subclass 870) when applying for this visa.
Contact us if you would like one of our registered migration agents to determine your eligibility for free. We will help you with the entire process of your visa application. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.