What is the Remaining Relative Visa subclass 115?
This visa allows individuals outside of Australia whose near relatives are living in Australia to relocate to Australia as a permanent resident. By obtaining this visa, you will be able to work and study in Australia permanently, enroll in Medicare, and if eligible, become an Australian citizen.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for this visa, you must:
- Be living outside of Australia at the time of application and when your eligibility is decided.
- Be a remaining relative of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Have an eligible sponsor. This can be an eligible parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling or an eligible partner of your relative.
- Have guaranteed support.
- Not have any other near relatives who live outside of Australia or a near relative who lives in Australia on a temporary visa.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
For remaining relative visas, your near relative is your:
- Parent or step-parent.
- Partner’s parent or step-parent.
- Sibling or step-sibling.
- Child or step-child who is 18 or older and not dependent on you.
- Child or step-child who is under 18 and not in your or your partner’s daily care and control.
The Department of Home Affairs doesn’t consider how much contact you have with someone when they decide whether they are your near relative. Talk to Migration Door Australia today and find out if you’re eligible for any family visa, we help make the visa application process simple and stress-free.